1971 Imperial LeBaron [Down On The Street]

Welcome to Down On The Street, where we admire old vehicles found parked on the streets of the Island That Rust Forgot: Alameda, California. Today's car is one I'm quite familiar with, since it's now sitting in my back yard. No, it isn't my current Personal Hell Project; I'm helping Czech automotive journalist Bobash realize his dream of terrorizing quaint Central European villages with an ocean-liner-scale Fuselage Look Mopar. You may recall the '81 Corvette I inspected for BobAsh a while back; that car is now roaring around the Czech Republic in all its Late Malaise glory.



This car was a one-owner, estate-sale find. The late owner was a San Francisco chiropractor who garaged it, had it serviced on the dot, and (apparently) never allowed anyone to sit inside. It's got a few minor dings and dents, but almost everything works and the (purple whorehouse-esque) interior is the nicest I've ever seen on an unrestored 90,000-mile car.
It's not what you would ever call fast, but the 335-horse 440 gets its 4,855 pounds moving pretty well. Yes, this voluminous dreadnaught is almost - but not quite- a thousand pounds heavier than the bloatmaster 2010 Camaro SS.
I'll be bringing this mighty luxury machine over to the Port Of Oakland for shipping to Bremerhaven as soon as all the spare parts I've ordered finally arrive. Don't feel bad about its leaving the country of its birth; it shall be worshiped as a god in its new home!




First 350 DOTS VehiclesDOTS FAQ




Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий